I’ve attached the bloomers to the blouse and done all the #@%&*! fiddly facing and belt bits. Very unnecessarily fussy, though I suppose it’s historical. Just didn’t seem practical to me to waste all that time on all the finishing bits when half of it will be covered by the skirt. Ugh. And there’s still buttonholes, my long-time enemy.
I also sewed all the trim on the PVC collar and the edges of the sleeves. It looks awfully cute! I used the GITD rick-rack, just in case I ever want to wear this to a club. Unfortunately, when I cut out the pieces in 2001, I forgot to cut out a lining for the collar (or I’ve misplaced the piece), and I’m out of black cotton. So I’ll have to delay finishing that until after another fabric-store trip this weekend.