Finally got something started here! I thought I’d just use the same bodice pattern I made for the black and grey 1570s kirtle — just needed to cut the back of the neckline squared.
But when I did that, something changed in the fit of the shoulders, so I actually had to futz with the sides a bit more. Required cutting out the linen lining twice (since I’d cut the lining from the first pattern and then fit it on the dressform). But it seemed to work.
Cut out the damask, sewed the neckline on the machine, slip-stitched the sides closed, and zig-zagged around all the raw edges so they won’t fray while I handle the thing. I hope I can get my mom to make machine eyelets for the side-lacing. I really do not relish the idea of more of my craptastic hand-bound eyelets!