Needs a buttload of trim, plus sleeve hems, but the concept is proven.
Can kinda see the paper diamond pattern I made for the belt (I was inspired by the handy pattern Koshka drew from an extant 1860s Swiss waist; I didn’t actually print that out, but I eye-balled it). I’ve since sewn the velvet diamond part and cut out the belt itself. Still have to cut the tails and sew that all together, and hook it to the Eugenie skirt.
I tried it all on the dress form, pinned stuff together, and it looks ok. It’s a bit silly, in that 1850s/60s way that doesn’t really appeal to me. But the foof is good.
And after Dickens, I can wear the jacket with ruffled pants and dance flamenco.