At least sewing them! There are only 5 pieces in this pattern, how hard can it be? The muslin went together pretty easy — of course, I could draw on the muslin and mark stuff easier than on the nice black wool.
Sewed up the legs, both the wool and the linen lining. Go to attach the legs at the crotch — wherein I realize I’ve sewn the fronts to the fronts and the backs to the backs, instead of the front to the back as it’s supposed to be. *headdesk*
Before I spend the next hour unpicking endless seams of black thread from black fabric, I need a stiff drink.
Boy clothes suck!
Later that evening…
10:29 PM! PANTS! DONE!
Ok, not totally, but now it’s all-but-fiddly-handwork + trim. OMG, how many things can one have to unpick on one garment? First it was all the major seams as previously noted. Then it was putting in one pocket backwards. Then it was having sewn up the fly instead of leaving it open. Sweet baby jeebuz. My seam ripper is worn out and tired tonight.
But I did it. 16th-century Venetian hose iz mostly done. Just have to do stuff like tack down the inside of the waistband, make buttonholes for the fly, hand-sew eyelets for lacing to doublet (that I won’t do until, y’know, there’s a doublet), hem the leg openings and put a loop and button there. They look like pants now though.
Not that I have any proof of this, you just have to trust me on it. Being that the model is truculent, pix won’t be forthcoming until an actual event where he wears the entire ensemble.