But sleeves really are easy, even boy sleeves.
Just drafted up the Tudor Tailor sleeves for Thomas’ doublet. Took about 15 minutes and two measurements (bicep and length, both of which were in the ballpark of what the book pattern scaled to, luckily; OK, so that *did* make it easier :-). Muslin took 10 more minutes to cut and sew. Tried it on, 5 minutes, including time to walk out back to the studio and find and interrupt boy.
Fit fine over the slightly bulky knit longsleeve shirt he was wearing, so it’ll be perfect over his renaissance puffy shirt.
Pattern DONE. Have to cut out the real fabric and lining, maybe after dinner. Should be able to sew them up tomorrow, whilst he makes dinner for me.
In further boy-clothes news, I set in all the doublet tabs yesterday, so, aside from the sleeves, everything else is hand-sewing (ew). Tacking the lining down over the back of the tabs, adding closures, then trim, trim, trim.
Also, Mom emailed to say she finished the eyelets on the pants and the lacing strip. Ended up making hand-sewn eyelets on the pants because she didn’t like the look of the machine-made ones there (I did not inherit her perfectionist gene). So pants are totally done, and I can tack in the lacing strip to the doublet too.