Despite the insulation, my sewing room is 5-10 degrees hotter than the rest of the house, thanks to a corner bank of windows facing whatever direction the sun is most of the day. I need blackout curtains there, although that would make the cats sad (the window seat under said windows is their faaaaaavorite place in the whole house).
Still, I made decent progress on the pink florentine-ish gown, having randomly picked that up from the pile again.
After some modern sewing and some massively needed organizing of the sewing room, I attacked that pink bodice that had been sitting around, ignored for months. I’d been stymied on how to cut the collar and maybe add a contrasting reverse. Plus remember how I usually insert hook and eye tape in a bag-lined bodice. There are things I have to re-learn every single time. There was much fussing back and forth about the collar, closure, and lining, until I finally figured it out. Best of all, I decided to use pink silk for the collar, which looks quite pretty next to the pink damask. Moar pink!
Next up, sleeves. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but made a muslin anyway. I reused the pattern I made for the 1580s hanging sleeve and slashed it in the center in a cross. Then used my trusty Hunnisett fitted sleeve for the inner sleeve. And I thot, hey, let’s use more of that pink silk for the inner sleeve! Because I actually do have enough of that from the MQoS gown, as I’ve already cut the bodice out and the sleeves will be small. Took a while to figure out what to line the hanging sleeves with though. Cotton is my default, but I really wanted something slippy so the two sleeves wouldn’t catch on each other. Couldn’t use *that* much of the pink silk … but hey, I had some white silk gotten from Cynthia for the same project. And there was plenty! So nice, light, smooth silk-against-silk sleeves.
But man, cutting out and prepping all four pieces was a PITA. Especially ironing in a hot room. Should either assemble those or make the tabs for the sleeve head. But I’m tired and kinda want dinner now…