Need help making a hat? The Interwebs are your friend! Don’t be shy, get a helping hand. I can’t vouch for the historical accuracy or efficacy of all of these sources, but they looked interesting to me & can at least get you going.
Arranged chronologically by historical era:
- Reconstructing the French Hood: An In-Depth Analysis by Mode Historique
- German Goldhaube Pattern & Instructions by Genoveva
- St. Birgitta’s Coif – in 15 Minutes! by The Completely Dressed Anachronist
- Elizabethan Crowned Hats – Handouts, How-Tos, & Documentation by The Hooded Hare
- How to Make an 18th-Century Cap by BR Clothing & Accoutrements
- Regency Bonnet Tutorial by The Merry Dressmaker
- Regency Drawn Bonnet Pattern & Tutorial Part 1, part 2, part 3 by TwilaTee
- 1918, Adventures With Cheap Straw Hats by Festive Attyre
- An Early 1920s Hat Tutorial by The Fashionable Past
- How to Make Hat Blocks by ThreadBanger — Low-cost version to make your own felt hats.
- Fluffing Feathers by The Costumer’s Closet — Because so many hats need fancy feathers!
- Hat Making & Trimming Articles by Lynn McMasters — Milliner extraordinaire & super-nice person, she shares her knowledge & also makes great hat patterns 🙂
Have any good resources, tips, or techniques? Share them in the comments.