So I made a new shift (for the better neckline), a wheel farthingale, a giant bum pad to bolster it up, and a corded petticoat to go over the whole thing & smooth out the lines on top plus give a nice little kick to the hem. I guess I’m committed to making the gown now!
Here’s some quick pix of the gear. Not the most attractive — a little tilted but that’s due to the fact that the whole kit is too wide to view in my sewing room’s mirror once I have it on. Heck, it’s pretty hard to get around the house wearing it! I had the same problem way back when I made the Eugenie gown. Bigger than even my panniers. Yikes.