12th Night inches closer, & so do my various projects. I think my crazy wheel farthingale gown will be a go. I got the bodice & skirt attached, so it’s a real dress now. Still needs that weird tuck at the farthingale edge, plus hemming, & all the multitudes of accessories (ruff! wig! shoe rosettes! jewelry!), but I think I can do it.
I’ve also made good progress on finishing up all the pieces for the Queen’s Artisan Project that I didn’t do back in August. While the gown was done, I hadn’t sewn the partlet that Elizabeth de Belcaire had embroidered, I hadn’t made the ruff, I didn’t decorate the hairpieces nor make a cap, & I hadn’t beaded the gown’s neckline. There were also small fit issues (stuff one often finds after the first wearing anyway). So I fixed that, sewed the partlet, made the ruff (ended up putting it on a separate partlet, so now she has two), made a cap & have the hairpieces to decorate, & I’m starting to bead the gown. It’s all going to be very blingy for 12th Night!