the Original Sharks Drinking Game
Pull up a chair and some beers or a cocktail to watch a Sharks game on Fox Sports Net with Emmy Award-winning broadcasters Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda!
Keeping Your Spirits Up
- Drink when a Shark incurs a penalty.
- Drink when a point is scored against the Sharks.
- Drink when the Sharks are on the power play with 30 seconds left.
Cheers to the Players
- Drink when Thorton assists a goal.
- Drink for every Marleau breakway.
- Drink when McLaren lays in a big hit.
- Drink when Nabby stands on his head (figuratively).
- Drink when Drew or Randy mention Nabby's Calder Trophy.
- Drink when Drew says "the Cheechoo train."
- Drink when Drew or Randy point out that a player's parents are in the building.
Sip for What We See on Camera
- Drink when the camera shows S.J. Sharkie.
- Drink when the camera shows fans doing The Chomp before a Sharks power play.
- Drink when the camera shows two rows of fans doing The Chomp with cardboard cutout teeth.
- Drink when the camera shows fans doing the "Hey!" cheer (to that Gary Glitter song) after a goal.
- Drink when you can hear the "you suck!" guys.
- Drink when you can hear the fans chanting "Prooooongeeeer."
- Drink when you can see the referee announcing a penalty, but his mic isn't working.
Add one more drink if Drew or Randy complain about this.
Drinking for Drew and Randy
- Drink when Drew or Randy refer to Canada.
- Drink when Drew or Randy refer to cold weather (or SJ's lack of it).
- Drink when Drew or Randy refer to "the guys in the truck" or "the TV truck."
- Drink when Drew or Randy refer to the Emmy Awards.
- Drink when Drew or Randy refer to Shark Byte.
- Drink when Drew or Randy mention a player by the player's nickname (such as "Pickles" for Vlasic).
- Drink when Drew or Randy refers to someone's hair or fashion sense.
- Drink if you can say the correct answer to the Ask the Crew With Randy and Drew question, before they answer it.
- Drink when Drew or Randy refer to Drew's time with Hockey Night in Canada.
- Drink when Drew refers to his time with the Sharks as an assistant coach.
- Drink when Drew says a player is "one of my boys/guys" (you could get a nice buzz on this one alone!).
- Drink when Drew says "head on a swivel."
- Drink when Drew complains about a diving penalty called at the same time as slashing/holding penalty.
- Drink when Randy refers to Dan Rusanowsky.
Add one more drink if he says "the lovely and talented Dan Rusanowsky."
- Drink when Randy comments about a team icing the puck on the power play "and that's never a good idea."
- Drink when Randy totally freaks out about a Sharks goal, especially if he says "they score!" three times in a row.
- Take two drinks when the Sharks score a short-handed goal.
- Take two drinks when a Shark gets a major penalty.
- Take two drinks when a Shark starts a fight.
- Take two drinks when there's blood on the ice.
- Take two drinks when a Shark breaks the glass.
- Take two drinks when Drew or Randy refer to any other ex-Shark by name.
Add one more drink if it's Marco Sturm, just because we miss him.
Add one more & pump your fist if it's Owen Nolan.
Add one more drink & brush your hair if it's Mike Ricci.
Add one more & drink it reallyreallyreally fast if it's Teemu Selanne.
- Take three drinks when a Shark gets a hat trick.
Add one more drink if it's Marleau and Drew or Randy call him "Hat Trick Marleau."
- Take three drinks when a Shark gets ejected from the game.
- Take three drinks when the Sharks score a shorthanded goal in the third period.
- Take three drinks Drew or Randy refer to the Drinking Game (meta-drinking!).
Four or More, You're on the Floor
- Take four drinks when the Sharks score four goals in a game and eat a piece of Round Table pizza.
- Chug your entire drink when a Shark gets a hat trick on the day the arena gives out free hats (hey, it could happen again).
- Drink like there's no tomorrow when Kerry Fraser or Mick McGeough are officiating (they hate Sharks).
Fine Print: This drinking game is written, copyrighted, and play-tested extensively by Trystan L. Bass and Thomas Dowrie. Started by Trystan in summer 2001 when she found that no such game existed online, and we add to it throughout each season.