Well, I’m not happy with mine (it’s a weird dress, but that’s the portrait and era’s fault; I’m so totally ripping the bertha and tucker off after this). But it’s done and mostly fits, especially if I don’t tight-lace (oops, I actually lost a tiny bit of weight after I did the skirt). Added more hooks and bars just now to help.
I uploaded 2 full-length pix to the Eugenie Y!Group. I have more closeup and corset pix for documentation. Had to take all of them in the driveway because my dress does not fit in my tiny house! The hoop takes up all of my little sewing room, but doesn’t fit through any of the doorways once the skirt’s on. That was fun to discover today.
Oh and Thomas and I recorded the soundtrack. He mixed the spoken parts with the music and chatter the Michael provided, and he’s going to put an MP3 up on his server tonight so everyone can download it as a preview.
I kept this running list on LiveJournal as a private post all during the start of 2008 and crossed things off as I went…
- finish ruffled over-hoop petticoat (NEED to buy more fabric for 1 more ruffle)
- hem base skirt
- measure hem of base skit, then buy black silk ribbon for 6x around hem
- make lace layers of skirt
- make and trim chiffon skirt ruffles, gather and attach ruffles
- start bodice tack down seams
- make piping, pipe edges of bodice
- make hand-bound eyelets in back of bodice
- make pattern and mockup of sleeves
- sew, trim, and attach sleeves
- NEED narrow black trim, make pattern and mockup of bertha
- make bertha
- make tucker
- make flower corsage for bodice
- NEED HAT!
- attach tulle and flowers on hat, NEED wide white chiffon ribbon
- NEED gold bracelets – 2 chunky chain/beaded, 2 3-strand bangles with large black oval
- makeover jewelry, as needed
- make black lace hair ornament
- write documentation
- write documentation for T’s outfit
- record soundtrack