It’s officially a dress because it has sleeves. Sewn on even.
The croissants shoulder rolls aren’t actually sewn on in these pix, but they are now in real life. The velvet trim is sewn on neither in the pix nor in real life, it’s merely pinned down to show what I’ll be going for.
Colors are a little washed-out in these pix due to night-time sewing room lights. Plus I didn’t corset the dressform or fully lace-up the gown. But ya get the idea…
Now it’s at the all-but-trim stage, plus I need to whip up a petticoat, and I do mean “whip up” as that’s something I can legitimately do in 2 hours.
The trim could take anywhere from one night to weeks on end, depending on how fancy I want to go. I’ll start with the velvet around the neckline, edged with gold braid. Would like a little velvet on the sleeves where the puff meets the fitted part and at the wrist, edge some of that in gold braid too. And then beading — faux pearls and faux garnets on the shoulder rolls and maybe on some of the braid, plus I have some little gold filigree squares that could go nicely along the neckline with pearls and garnets in some kind of pattern.
Oh geez, and accessories! Nearly forgot about that. I can skimp on a hat for the first wearing (just use hair bling) but I would reallyreallyreally like a partlet with a falling ruff. I did buy silk organza for it already.
However, I think I’ll probably set this aside for a while and start on Thomas’ 16th-century suit next. That has all kinds of patterning to do. Once I’m over that hurdle, I can mess around with pretty girly things again!